New Paradigms for Diversifying Faculty and Staff in Higher Education: Uncovering Cultural Biases in the Search and Hiring Process
New Paradigms for Diversifying Faculty and Staff in Higher Education is a professional development program designed to assist trustees, administrators, human relations/affirmative action officers, faculty, staff, and search committees:
- to identify cultural biases in the search and hiring process
- to invent new strategies to recruit, hire, and keep diverse faculty and staff
- to make institutional culture more inclusive and accepting of diverse employees.
Diverse Hiring Option 1:
Producer: DiversityWorks Inc., Champaign, Illinois
Format: DVD or VHS/Workbook Package
Date: © 2004; revised 2007
**Download Brochure and Order Form (PDF, 391K)**
Consisting of a 105 minute video accompanied by a workbook, New Paradigms for Diversifying Faculty and Staff in Higher Education can be used to provide structured and interactive professional development on diverse hiring at your college or university. Participants will be introduced to new paradigms, resources, and recommendations on diverse hiring. Video is designed to be viewed in sections punctuated by discussion questions and theoretical frameworks found in the workbook.
Diverse Hiring Option 2:
Facilitated by DiversityWorks, Inc. educators on your campus for up to 65 participants, this five-hour workshop will:
- Describe the rationale for and the benefits of a diverse faculty and staff
- Examine the common experiences, struggles, and challenges of culturally diverse and minority faculty and staff in predominantly white colleges and universities.
- Analyze how the culture of an institution and/or department could be creating an unwelcoming and exclusionary climate for diverse faculty and staff.
- Identify cultural biases in the search and hiring process.
- Create new strategies, resources, and practices for recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse faculty and staff.
Price–sliding scale based on the size of the institution.
Diverse Hiring Option 3:
On-Campus Workshop Plus Facilitator Training and Licensing
DiversityWorks, Inc. educators will both facilitate the on-campus workshop for up to 65 participants and provide a two-day training session for up to six faculty and staff facilitators so that the New Paradigms workshop can be used as an continuing professional development program on diverse hiring at your college or university. This option includes all materials and permissions essential to offering the workshop plus one year of consulting for the trained facilitators.
Price–sliding scale based on the size of the institution
For further information on any of these options, please call 217/369-2058 or e-mail us at email@example.com. DiversityWorks, Inc. is a coalition of educators providing comprehensive diversity education for educators.