PRISME: Perceptions and Reflections on Institutional Systems by Minority Employees
(PRISME is a focus group workshop designed exclusively for minority faculty and staff in predominantly white colleges and universities.)
- To gather information about the issues, concerns, and problems of minority faculty and staff in predominantly white colleges and universities.
- To increase awareness of minority needs on campus without divulging specific sources and by guaranteeing confidentiality.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the perceptions of minority employees about institutional policies, practices, systems, and procedures.
- To use the information gathered to assist colleges and universities in creating an inclusive community and workplace for their minority faculty and staff.
- To make recommendations (based on the information gathered) for improving educational climate, recruitment, and retention of minority students, etc.
- To assess institutional climate for minority faculty and staff.
DiversityWorks, Inc. Vice President, Yvonne Singley, will facilitate an honest, earnest discussion among minority faculty and staff about a wide range of issues and concerns on their campus. She will encourage participants to share their perceptions of the challenges, resistances, and barriers for minority faculty and staff. Using the information gathered, DiversityWorks, Inc. will prepare a summary of the comments without identifying specific individuals. In addition, recommendations and strategies for change will be provided to improve campus climate and to resolve conflicts.
For more information or to schedule a PRISME focus group at your campus, call Yvonne Singley at 217-369-2058.
For further information about the objectives and activities of a workshop, please contact Pauline Kayes at 217/369-2058 or email@example.com.